We love serving the great state of Rhode Island . . .
Rhode Island Energy Facts
- Rhode Island is one of only two states in the United States without coal-fired electricity generation.
- Rhode Island’s Port of Providence is one of two deep-water ports in New England, and it is a key regional transportation and heating fuel products hub.
- Natural gas fueled 95% of Rhode Island's net electricity generation in 2015.
- The first U.S. offshore wind facility was constructed three miles off Rhode Island's Block Island. The five 6-megawatt turbines were expected to begin operation in late 2016.
- Rhode Island is the second-lowest emitter of carbon dioxide across all sectors among all states
About Energy Choice in Rhode Island
Residents and businesses in most areas of Rhode Island have had energy choice since 2001! If you live in Rhode Island and currently buy your home’s electricity supply from National Grid RI directly, you may be able to save on your monthly electric energy costs by switching to a new home energy supplier, like North American Power. See if you can save>
How Energy Choice Works in Rhode Island?
Your home electric bill consists of two parts – delivery service and energy supply. Delivery service is the poles and wires that bring electricity to your home. The energy supply portion of your bill is for the electricity you use in your home. Who supplies that energy is up to you, the customer. While each utility’s home electric bill is different, about half of the total bill is for delivery and the rest is for the electricity you use.
Thanks to energy deregulation consumers can switch from their utility to a retail electric energy supplier, like North American Power that is buying electricity on the wholesale energy market.
Choosing us means you can be informed about how much you’re paying for electricity, not just settling for the rate your electric utility is offering you. Just like you shop around for the best cable provider or mobile service plan, you can shop around for your home’s electric supply!
Don’t worry, no matter who you choose to supply your energy, your Rhode Island electric utility company is still responsible for maintaining the electric grid, delivering electricity to homes and handling all service and outage problems.
Why Choose North American Power
We make switching easy and hassle-free! With an online sign-up and renewal experience that takes minutes, a knowledgeable customer care team that doesn't leave you hanging (or holding), and communications that don't require a special decoder ring, being a North American Power customer is an easy choice.
NO interruption in service - NO equipment to buy - NO installation fees
NO interruption in service
NO equipment to buy
NO installation fees
We take care of everything.