We love serving the great state of Texas . . .
Texas Energy Facts
- The average annual electricity cost per Texas household is $1,801, among the highest in the nation; the cost is similar to other warm weather states like Florida, according to EIA's Residential Energy Consumption Survey.
- Texas was the leading crude oil-producing state in the nation in 2015 and exceeded production levels even from the federal offshore areas.
- As of January 2016, the 29 petroleum refineries in Texas had a capacity of over 5.4 million barrels of crude oil per day and accounted for 30% of total U.S. refining capacity.
- Texas accounted for over 27% of U.S. marketed natural gas production in 2015, making it the leading natural gas producer among the states.
- Texas leads the nation in wind-powered generation capacity with more than 18,500 megawatts; in 2014 and 2015, Texas wind turbines produced more electricity than the state's two nuclear plants.
- Texas is the nation's largest producer of lignite coal. About 40% of the coal burned for electricity generation in Texas is lignite.
About Energy Choice in Texas
Residents and businesses in most areas of Texas have had energy choice since 2002! Consumers in Texas service areas that have electric choice are required to select a retail energy supplier in order to receive power in their home or business. There are many retail energy suppliers offering Texas electricity supply plans, and they’re all competing for your business.
If you’re moving to a Texas area with electric choice, you will need to choose a retail electricity provider. If you already live in Texas, however, you may be ready to switch to a new provider for any number of reasons. Maybe you’re interested in finding a green energy supply plan, a longer contract or new customer benefits.
You may be able to save on your monthly electric energy costs by switching to a new home energy supplier, like North American Power. See if you can save>
How Energy Choice Works in Texas?
Your home electric bill consists of two parts – delivery service and energy supply. Delivery service is the poles and wires that bring electricity to your home. The energy supply portion of your bill is for the electricity you use in your home. Who supplies that energy is up to you, the customer. While each utility’s home electric bill is different, about half of the total bill is for delivery and the rest is for the electricity you use.
Thanks to energy deregulation consumers can switch from their utility to a retail energy supplier, like North American Power that is buying electricity on the wholesale energy market.
Choosing us means you can be informed about how much you’re paying for electricity, not just settling for the rate your electric utility is offering you. Just like you shop around for the best cable provider or mobile service plan, you can shop around for your home’s electric supply!
If you choose North American Power as your new retail electric supplier, you will receive a bill directly from us that includes electricity supply costs and the utility’s delivery charges all in one bill. We will be your source to answer any questions you have and handle any service and outage problems. But don’t worry, no matter who you choose to supply your energy, your Texas electric utility company is still responsible for maintaining the electric grid and delivering electricity to homes.
Why Choose North American Power
We make switching easy and hassle-free! With an online sign-up and renewal experience that takes minutes, a knowledgeable customer care team that doesn't leave you hanging (or holding), and communications that don't require a special decoder ring, being a North American Power customer is an easy choice.
NO interruption in service - NO equipment to buy - NO installation fees
NO interruption in service
NO equipment to buy
NO installation fees
We take care of everything.