Spring has sprung! That means that warmer days are on the horizon! Don’t wait until it’s already sweltering hot outside to figure out the best way to keep cool this year. Should you bring out the table fans from the attic or turn on the ceiling fans to beat the heat? To make the decision easier, we looked at how much energy each appliance typically uses.
Let’s look at wattage.
Table Fan = 25 Watts < Ceiling Fan = 75 Watts
Conclusion: The low energy use of the table fan makes a strong case to just bring them down from the attic instead of flipping on the ceiling fans.
Most Viewed Pages
- This or That Thursday: Coffee Maker, or Toaster?
- Where does your Power come from?
- North American Power Wins 2016 “Excellence in Customer Service” Award
- National Cut Back on Energy Day!
- The Four Best Things You Can do to Cut Energy Use in your Home
- Cutting Costs Around the House
- Winter Energy Saving Tips
- Energy Saving Tips
- 7 Energy Efficient Gadgets You Should Buy Right Now
- This or That Thursday: Blow Dryer, or Flat Iron?