Do you need a pick me up in the morning? A cup of coffee or toast will give you the caffeine or carbs you need to help kick start your day! But, do you know which option is more energy efficient? Let’s look at the wattage of each appliance.
Toaster = 1100 Wattage > Coffee maker= 1000 Wattage
Obviously, you’ll use less power per hour to run your coffee maker. However, it can take 5-10 minutes to brew a pot (depending on your coffee maker), while the toaster only takes a few minutes to brown a couple of pieces of bread.
Conclusion: A cup of coffee AND a piece of toast can both be seen as good options for energy efficiency and a good way to enjoy in the morning!
Most Viewed Pages
- This or That Thursday: Coffee Maker, or Toaster?
- Where does your Power come from?
- North American Power Wins 2016 “Excellence in Customer Service” Award
- National Cut Back on Energy Day!
- The Four Best Things You Can do to Cut Energy Use in your Home
- Cutting Costs Around the House
- Winter Energy Saving Tips
- Energy Saving Tips
- 7 Energy Efficient Gadgets You Should Buy Right Now
- This or That Thursday: Blow Dryer, or Flat Iron?