Do you need a pick me up in the morning? A cup of coffee or toast will give you the caffeine or carbs you need to help kick start your day! But, do you know which option is more energy efficient? Let’s look at the wattage of each appliance.
Toaster = 1100 Wattage > Coffee maker= 1000 Wattage
Obviously, you’ll use less power per hour to run your coffee maker. However, it can take 5-10 minutes to brew a pot (depending on your coffee maker), while the toaster only takes a few minutes to brown a couple of pieces of bread.
Conclusion: A cup of coffee AND a piece of toast can both be seen as good options for energy efficiency and a good way to enjoy in the morning!
Most Viewed Pages
- This or That Thursday: Coffee Maker, or Toaster?
- North American Power Wins 2016 “Excellence in Customer Service” Award
- National Cut Back on Energy Day!
- Where does your Power come from?
- The Four Best Things You Can do to Cut Energy Use in your Home
- 7 Energy Efficient Gadgets You Should Buy Right Now
- This or That Thursday: Blow Dryer, or Flat Iron?
- 7 Winter Energy Savings Tips That Stem From Your Thermostat
- Are Your Windows in Your Home Costing You Money?
- Six Hacks for Cutting Down on Invisible Energy Drain in your Home