People spend billions of dollars on hair products every year. We strip our hair with shampoo, build it back up with conditioner, then blast it with heat. But which hair appliance uses the most juice?
Let’s look at the wattage.
Blow Dryer = 1,200 watts > Flat Iron = 331 watts
Wow – the blow dryer wattage is a strong argument in favor of natural air dry hair styling.
Conclusion: We suggest you towel briskly, comb out, and air dry before flat ironing your mop into submission.
Most Viewed Pages
- This or That Thursday: Coffee Maker, or Toaster?
- North American Power Wins 2016 “Excellence in Customer Service” Award
- National Cut Back on Energy Day!
- Where does your Power come from?
- The Four Best Things You Can do to Cut Energy Use in your Home
- 7 Energy Efficient Gadgets You Should Buy Right Now
- This or That Thursday: Blow Dryer, or Flat Iron?
- 7 Winter Energy Savings Tips That Stem From Your Thermostat
- Are Your Windows in Your Home Costing You Money?
- Six Hacks for Cutting Down on Invisible Energy Drain in your Home