Are clean clothes or clean dishes more important to you? (The answer may seem obvious to anyone who has ever put on 13 day old jeans or has consumed their cereal out of a plastic bowl.)
Let’s look at the wattage of each appliance.
Washing Machine = 255 Wattage < Dishwasher = 330 Wattage
Your washing machine uses less energy than your dishwasher, assuming you use each one for 2 hours a day. Your usage may depend on how large of a load you plan to wash vs. the size of your household.
Conclusion: Although clean dishes are very important, clean clothes are just as important and more energy efficient!
Most Viewed Pages
- This or That Thursday: Coffee Maker, or Toaster?
- Where does your Power come from?
- North American Power Wins 2016 “Excellence in Customer Service” Award
- National Cut Back on Energy Day!
- The Four Best Things You Can do to Cut Energy Use in your Home
- Cutting Costs Around the House
- Winter Energy Saving Tips
- Energy Saving Tips
- 7 Energy Efficient Gadgets You Should Buy Right Now
- This or That Thursday: Blow Dryer, or Flat Iron?