When the warm weather returns and it’s time for summer cleaning, it seems like your chores always get pushed back until the last possible moment! We’ve gathered some tips that will help you cut back on energy while you clean around the house.
- Plan ahead! Look at your to-do list and plan per the outside temperature. Leave the chores that produce heat or moisture (cooking, laundry, ironing, etc.) to the earlier or evening hours.
- Air dry only! Opt for air drying your dishes instead of using the heat drying cycle on your dishwasher.
- Grill only please! Fire up your grill when it’s time to cook dinner. By cooking outside, you won’t cause the temperature in the kitchen to rise by using the oven or stove would. Plus this will help keep the kitchen clean!
- Don’t over trim! While you are doing your weekend gardening, remember not to over trim the hedges and bushes around the house… especially if they are located near a window and can provide shade.
Most Viewed Pages
- Where does your Power come from?
- This or That Thursday: Coffee Maker, or Toaster?
- Cutting Costs Around the House
- National Cut Back on Energy Day!
- The Four Best Things You Can do to Cut Energy Use in your Home
- North American Power Wins 2016 “Excellence in Customer Service” Award
- Winter Energy Saving Tips
- 4 Ways to Cut Back on Energy While Doing Chores
- Energy Saving Tips
- Energy Hacks to Use This Summer!