You’ve been investigating the different options to help keep your house cool, but can’t seem to decide between a Window AC Unit or a Home AC Unit. We decided to help you make the decision. Why not consider how much energy each appliance typically uses?
Let’s look at wattage.
Window AC Unit = 1,400 Watts < Home AC Unit = 4,000 Watts
Using the Window AC Unit might sound like a good idea since it uses less energy, BUT may be insufficient in cooling your entire house unless your run multiple units at once. Our suggestion would be to use your Window AC Units to cool smaller, enclosed rooms like your bedroom, and use your Home AC unit to cool the rest!
Most Viewed Pages
- This or That Thursday: Coffee Maker, or Toaster?
- Where does your Power come from?
- North American Power Wins 2016 “Excellence in Customer Service” Award
- National Cut Back on Energy Day!
- The Four Best Things You Can do to Cut Energy Use in your Home
- Cutting Costs Around the House
- Winter Energy Saving Tips
- Energy Saving Tips
- 7 Energy Efficient Gadgets You Should Buy Right Now
- This or That Thursday: Blow Dryer, or Flat Iron?