You wake up for your first day of the conference only to discover that the shirt you were planning on wearing is wrinkled! No need to fret because you left yourself enough time to get those wrinkles out. The hotel room came with both an iron and a clothing steamer… and now you just need to decide which to use so you can get dressed and start your day. Although you might not be thinking about energy usage because you’re at a hotel, you should be! We’ve rounded up some data that compares how much energy each appliance typically uses!
Let’s look at wattage.
Iron = 1,000 Watts < Steamer = 1,000 Watts
Conclusion: This one is a draw! Both the iron and the steamer use the same amount of energy. We say go with whichever you prefer. Whether you like a freshly steamed or nicely pressed shirt the energy use is about the same! Now, finish getting ready for your day!
Most Viewed Pages
- Where does your Power come from?
- This or That Thursday: Coffee Maker, or Toaster?
- North American Power Wins 2016 “Excellence in Customer Service” Award
- National Cut Back on Energy Day!
- Cutting Costs Around the House
- The Four Best Things You Can do to Cut Energy Use in your Home
- Winter Energy Saving Tips
- Energy Saving Tips
- 4 Ways to Cut Back on Energy While Doing Chores
- Energy Hacks to Use This Summer!