This or That Thursday: Night Light or Cell Phone Charger?
Many people can’t sleep without a small light on, and others can’t imagine waking up without their cell phone being fully charged. Which costs more?
Let’s look at wattage.
Night Light = 4-7 watts > Cell Phone Charger = 3-4 watts
Wow – call me surprised… The night light draws more juice than the charger does – especially when you take into account that it remains steady all night and the charger draws less after the phone is fully charged.
Conclusion: Limit the number of night lights you use to perhaps the kids’ rooms and one in the bathroom. We all know that having a fully charged phone is a MUST, especially after experiencing what it’s like to wake up to a dead phone battery.
Most Viewed Pages
- This or That Thursday: Coffee Maker, or Toaster?
- Where does your Power come from?
- North American Power Wins 2016 “Excellence in Customer Service” Award
- National Cut Back on Energy Day!
- The Four Best Things You Can do to Cut Energy Use in your Home
- Cutting Costs Around the House
- Winter Energy Saving Tips
- Energy Saving Tips
- 7 Energy Efficient Gadgets You Should Buy Right Now
- This or That Thursday: Blow Dryer, or Flat Iron?