Does it cost more to heat water, or move water? The answer could be decided on whether you take hot or cold showers for a month…
Let’s look at the wattage.
Water Pump = 3,000 watts < Water Heater = 4,000 watts
Heating water accounts for a hefty percentage of your power bill each month, just about 18%. A thermal water heater can help, using solar to provide less expensive warm water in temperate climates or during the summer months.
Most Viewed Pages
- This or That Thursday: Coffee Maker, or Toaster?
- North American Power Wins 2016 “Excellence in Customer Service” Award
- National Cut Back on Energy Day!
- Where does your Power come from?
- The Four Best Things You Can do to Cut Energy Use in your Home
- 7 Energy Efficient Gadgets You Should Buy Right Now
- This or That Thursday: Blow Dryer, or Flat Iron?
- 7 Winter Energy Savings Tips That Stem From Your Thermostat
- Are Your Windows in Your Home Costing You Money?
- Six Hacks for Cutting Down on Invisible Energy Drain in your Home